Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Really?

But I wanted a girl!!! Yeeshers.

I was hoping for a girl because of matching mummy/daughter outfits, but I'm definitely not heartbroken about it or cry myself to sleep. It was a surprise to hear, "It's a boy!" Truth be told, I can't imagine myself the mother of a daughter, and it's only been 29 days!

I wouldn't be able to read this book to a girl either. (For a good laugh, read the 1-star reader comments regarding the "creepiness" of the story.)

2 comments:

  1. I always pictured you having a boy. You would be an awesome mom to a little girl too. Perhaps next time??

    AND that is really funny about the creepy factor of that book, haha! I forgot about that book. I remember it very much so from good ol' Chapters days while working in the Kids section. I also remember 'Everyone Poops'. I think I may need to go get that book for Sophia since its her favorite topic of discussion these days, oy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine a "next time" right now!!!

    I just bought Owen "Everyone Poops" and another one about farting. I'm a horrible mother. At least Sophia is interested in the topic! Owen surely isn't!

    ReplyDelete